Jul 31, 2011

FRIED APPLE PIE

The idea of making fried apple pie came to mind when I tasted one from pizza hut. I was so impressed by it that I searched for its recipe for a full day. There were many variations of the recipe but I was too lazy to put in a lot of effort and I picked up the easiest one. I and my sister had hot fried apple pie in the dead of winter when it was snowing outside. Trust me, it tastes the best when eaten hot.



INGREDIENTS:


Puff pastry - Either you can make it or buy it(like I did)

2 cups small cubes of sweet apple (peeled)

½ tsp cinnamon powder

4 tbsp sugar (if the apple is very sweet you can reduce the amount of sugar)

2-3 drops lemon juice

Oil

For coating:

1 tbsp sugar

¼ tsp cinnamon powder


LET'S COOK:


  1. In a sauce pan mix the sugar, apple, cinnamon powder and lemon juice. 
  2. Cook the apple until the sugar caramelizes and the apple becomes soft. When the apple changes color to light brown turn off the heat & cool the mixture.
  3. Cut the puff pastry to square sheets and place 1 tbsp of the apple mixture on one side of the sheet and seal the pastry sheet. 
  4. Fry the pastry sheet until it becomes light brown in color. 
  5. Mix sugar & cinnamon powder and roll the fried pie in this mixture.



No comments:

Post a Comment