Raw Tapioca/Kappa - 1kg
Coconut - 1.5 cup
Green Chilies - 5-6
Garlic - 1 big piece
Pearl onions - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard - 1tbsp
Dry red chilies - 3
Curry leaves - 1 strand
Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Cook tapioca in boiling water with salt. This will take 15-25 min. Once its cooked, drain the water.
- Grind coconut, garlic, green chilies, pearl onions and turmeric powder with little water into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and add mustard. When it sputters, add dry red chilies and curry leaves.
- Now add the coconut paste and saute them for 2-3 min until the raw smell is gone.
- Add the cooked tapioca/kappa and mix well. Add some water if you don't want the final product to be dry.
- Once everything is mixed well switch off the heat and serve hot.
- The final product should be a festival for your senses!