1 cup Maida
1 cup Fine Rava (not roasted)
1 Ball Jaggery
1 Pack Jackfruit Jam or 1-2 cup homemade jackfruit jam
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
1/2 cup Coconut slices
Oil for frying
1. Melt the jaggery with little water and set aside to cool.
2. Smash the banana into a fine paste.
3. Mix all the ingredients except the oil to a fine batter.You can either mix with your hand or use a blender to avoid any lumps.
4. Adjust the sweetness by adding more jaggery or jackfruit jam.
5. Leave the batter overnight or at least 5 hours before making unniappam.
6. Heat the oil in an unniappam maker. Pour a small quantity of batter into each slot and fry them flipping the sides until golden brown.
1. Keeping the batter overnight makes the unniappam very soft.
2. Once the batter is poured into the slot wait for small bubbles to pop above the unniappam before flipping it over. This shows that the unniappam is cooked from inside.
3. Make sure that you add the melted jaggery syrup to the batter only after it is completely cooled down.
CLICK ON THE BELOW IMAGE(S) FOR MORE DETAILS REGARDING THE PRICE & FROM WHERE TO PURCHASE.