Unsalted Butter(room temp) - 1/2 cup (113 gms)
White Sugar - 1/4 cup (50 gms)
Egg - 1 (separated)
Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 cup (130 gm)
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Jam (of your choice)
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add the flour mixture to the batter and beat just until combined.
- If the batter is too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate for about 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take small balls of the batter and place on the prepared baking sheet spacing about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
- Using your thumb or end of a wooden spoon, make a indentation into the center of each cookie and fill with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for about 12 -15 minutes, or until cookies are set.Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- If you dont have jam or dont like jam, you can make it in to any shape like i have done(heart) and bake it.And can drizzle chocolate or maple syrup on top.
YOU CAN USE COOKIE CUTTERS FOR DIFFERENT SHAPES.ITS FUN. TRY IT OUT.